And I thought I was done with this experiment. 😛
For a grand total of five days in the last month (January and February 2014), I greatly updated the CRTC – Website. After Stopsecret so bluntly stated version 1.0 was ugly (gee, thanks 😛 ), I have slowly updated it with both visual and programming improvements. While the previous updates were mostly minor, this time around I’ve made the most changes since I created it on October 17, 2013.
Site note: why do I assign version numbers to a website? Websites are updated all the time. Even the changes I have made are immediately live. I guess that question has no answer. 😛
So, what has changed in CRTC – Website version 1.3? The short answer is “a lot”, while the long answer is an unordered list. 😛
- I minified the CSS Browser Selector library I am using, since a minified version is not provided.
- Some Webkit (Chrome, Safari, Opera) rendering errors were fixed.
- I changed and/or update nearly all the id and class selectors. Some could be done better (
#numof1label), and a few were simply plain silly (
- Major CSS (hence styling) updates, including importing a font from Google (happy now, Stopsecret? :P), more subtle way of displaying the lone error message, and overall look. If you go to the site now, you will find some obvious changes, hopefully for the better.
- Adding the
"use strict";directive to all functions
- Better and more efficient use of variables
- Adding the
- Changed all input fields type to
number. This makes the experience better on mobile devices by bringing up a numeric keyboard rather than the full alphanumeric one. This also gives a better idea of what should be entered.
- I replaced the official “Fork Me on GitHub” ribbons with a responsive CSS version from http://codepo8.github.io/css-fork-on-github-ribbon.
With this update, I may take Stopsecret’s advice and advertise this on Blender Nation or somewhere like that. Sure, it is quite inaccurate and is only an approximation, but who knows, someone may find this useful. 🙂
If you forgot where CRTC – Website is located, you will find a large link after this salutation. 😛